The alarming gas explosion took place on March 27 when Sanchita was making tea at home. However, she escaped a major mishap.
New Delhi: In what could have turned out to be a major mishap but still resulted in minor injuries, Bangladesh cricketer Liton Das’ wife Devasri Biswas Sanchita, suffered injured in a gas cylinder explosion, which resulted in burning her hand.
The alarming gas cylinder explosion took place on March 27 when Sanchita was making tea at home. However, she escaped a major mishap.
As per reports, the fire caused by the gas explosion burnt her right hand and hair as well. Due to the huge explosion, a part of the cabinet in the kitchen also collapsed on Sanchita. She suffered some deep scars on her body, but looking at the explosion, the situation could have been much worse.
“I cannot express my feelings. And that’s not easy for me by any means. I was very much near to death. If I didn’t cover my face with my hands, maybe the whole face would have burnt. Now I have to cut my hair (due to burns),” Sanchita said as quoted by cricket97.com.
“It’s annoying, but I know that I will recover. I do not know what would have happened if there had been a fire on my face. So, everyone be careful,” she added.
Liton got married to Sanchita after the 2019 World Cup. He also had to miss the Sri Lanka tour to fulfil his personal commitments. The couple got engaged in April prior to Das’ addition in the Bangladesh team for the World Cup.
At present, Liton is spending time with his family, as the country is following lockdown after the spread of a Coronavirus pandemic. Recently, he was in the news when he decided to donate half of his salary to the Bangladesh government in a bid to combat the Covid-19 outbreak.